Pages

June 16, 2012

Wildflower quilt COMPLETE!

This one has been fun to work on the entire time. It just came together so easily. Sure, points don't match and such as that but creatively, I never hit a wall.
 If you have been following along, you know this quilt used to have borders. Once I got it backed and started to quilt it, I decided the wide and pieced borders were too much. I sliced it down to a 1 1/2 inch border and I'm much happier with it. It is "organically" quilted in the ditch with a variegated thread.

 The back is pieced from an extra square (bordered the way the quilt originally way) with the bluebonnet print from the same Moda line and a "Quilt Across Texas" print that I fell in love with at first sight.

 Hey, I even remembered to use a label!

 I like the look of quilts in trees...if only my grass would grow.

Close up of the binding. A snazzy black and white print from my stash.

This quilt is in the mail to a friend who has NO IDEA it's about to show up on her doorstep. I can hardly wait to see her reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment