Pages

May 20, 2012

Patchwork Chevron, Baby Style

So, my sista Angie is having a baby. We used to be SILs but a lot has changed in the last few years. We still love each other like family though. I'm stupidly excited for her. When I got the invitation to her baby shower and saw the cute little banner on it, I knew I had to use my Reunion by Sweetwater to make her baby boy a quilt.

I had seen the Patchwork Chevron pattern and was in love. I wanted to adapt it to a baby size. After playing around with my graph paper and map pencils, I determined I needed to make the squares smaller in order for it to look more like the original. I went with 4 inch squares. I love this fabric. I think I'm going to have to buy some more.




I wasn't sure what I wanted to use as my solid. I'm not a fan of white for babies or children. I want my quilts to be used and mommas don't tend to use things that are predominately white. I dug around in my stash and found some denim that I hadn't used because it was a bit too yellow for anything else I had tried to use it in. The yellow in the Reunion made it perfect for this project.
All squared up and ready to go!
Placement determined.
Quilted following the line of the chevrons.
 Backed with a sweet Sew Cherry print.


It was raining the day I finished it so I had to take pictures inside.


 Denim binding. It isn't esp easy to work with but I love the way it looks.
Now to wrap it up and deliver it!







No comments:

Post a Comment