Pages

April 25, 2012

not a quilt but still cool

So, I have this friend. Let's call her K. Why? Because that's the letter her name starts with and I'm lazy. She's awesome and stuff. She LOVES Day of the Dead stuff. Seriously. Truly loves. For a long time, I thought I was one of the only ones. I'm not. I'm wandering through Jo-Ann one day (what? They like me there. ) and I found this.
I made a crazy little squeal noise, snapped a shot to send to my BFF and threw it in the basket. I had no idea what I was going to make with it but I had to have it for K. Have I mentioned that she's getting married? No? She is, next month. I'm simply stupidly happy for her.

I set about deciding what I was going to make. I decided on an apron but it couldn't be just any apron. It had to be cool. I about wore out my "google button", but I found this. Free Retro Apron Pattern

It's cute and pretty simple. I put it on my To Do list and didn't touch it for weeks except to pick out the contrasting fabric. I finally got to it last week and mailed it. I have to say that I really like it and I am planning to make others.






1 comment: