Pages

April 22, 2012

busy weekend

We celebrated Kyle's first birthday this weekend. The time has flown by this year. I can hardly believe he's actually a year old!!!

The baby quilt was delivered this weekend so I can show it off now. This is the first quilt I've been paid to make. My sister requested it for her sister-in-law. I fell in love with it and really didn't want to give it away.
The fabric is a floral jelly roll that I picked up at JoAnn a few years ago.
 I decided it needed a little something else and added denim borders.
 Simple quilting with hot pink thread.
 The backing and binding are very sweet, girly fabrics.

Momma got it yesterday and she loves it. YAY!

Now to the list.
  1. Bailey's Christmas quilt-I did nothing on this one. I really need to make at least one block.
  2. Kyle's Christmas quilt.- I wanted to do a random pattern with lots of solids. I finalized that part this week.
  3. Swoon quilt- One block complete!!! Love it!
  4. Space aliens quilt- for a special little boy. Design finalized. Fabric cut. Piecing started.
  5.  Wedding gift- DONE AND IN THE MAIL!!! I'll post pics as soon as it's delivered.
  6. Wildflowers quilt- Fabrics for back purchased.
  7. Arbor Lane BOM quilt. I started this one on our honeymoon last year (roadtrip). I am handpiecing it. No roadtrips, no work on this one.
  8. Sewing machine cover. Fabrics picked. Hopefully getting to this soon. Why do I put off the stuff for myself?
  9. Ironing board cover. Mine's old and ugly. Need to chose fabrics and get started. Bought cording. The materials to make this are sitting here staring at me.
  10.  Secret project 1- I know exactly what I want to do. I'm having trouble finding appropriate fabrics.
  11. Secret project 2- Pattern picked. Fabrics purchased. I need one more for the background fabric and I can get started.
Time for bed. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment