Pages

March 1, 2012

Birdhouse in your soul

YAY!!! I finally remembered to grab this from the dryer and take pics. I really liked the way it turned out. I wasn't super sure about it the whole time I was sewing. I was worried about it being too busy or having made bad choices about which strips to match up.



Overall, I like it. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet. It finished a good lap quilt size.

It's quilted in straight lines because I'm still scared of patterns. I'll get over it someday.
I pieced the backing from some fabric that's been in my stash for so long that it's moved with me. A friend bought it while we were in nursing school and thought she wanted a scrub top out of it. I convinced her to let me make her one from something else.
Binding is made from the strips not used in the quilt with a few pieces of leftover pieced squares thrown in.
Oh yeah, it's March 1st. I made it through all of February, including that pesky leap day, without buying fabric. I ordered the Kona white for my Swoon quilt and a bundle that screamed BUY ME! Isn't it fabulous?
You can find it at Marmalade Fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment